Saturday, October 30, 2010

Party at Crossroads!



All those who know me (a little or a lot!!), will be all too familiar with my love for singing - anytime, anywhere! And when I run out of songs, the composer in me comes alive! And thereafter my spontaneous and instantaneous creations! Wanted to share a sweet n funny incident where my love for singing obviously got the better of me!

I was waiting at a bus stop with one of my friends, waiting to catch the bus back to college! And of course, since we had arrived a little early at the stop, and had nothing much to do, I started singing to him! My friend was initially only a 'little' embarrassed, and after a while 'totally' embarrassed! But I was on a roll! And then, 2 little boys came along, and began tugging at my top, asking for food/money... anything! I pulled out a couple of dairy milk chocolates I had on me (purely by chance!). But before I handed over the chocolates to the kids, whose minds were already feasting on them, I told them that they would have to listen to a couple of my songs! They giggled! They looked at each other! And then mutually agreed, coz it didn't really seem like a bad deal! Meanwhile, my friend so wished that he could disappear into thin air! While I was overjoyed to have new audience! I sang to the little angels till one of them interrupted me and said to me - 'didi, can u sing 'it’s magic, it’s magic' from 'koi mil gaya'! I'd love to dance!' Well, I sang a bit and he danced a lil! Till, he suddenly turned shy! And then, both of them grabbed the chocolates and ran away, all smiles and laughter! They kept turning back as they walked away and continued waving to me till I could finally see them no more!

Well the bus arrived and I got in! And, yes, those of you who think I lost my friend for putting him through such extreme embarrassment, I didn’t! And I didn’t have to bribe him with chocolates!

2 comments:

  1. Anuradha, I can actually believe you doing all that is narrated and much more. Enjoyed your post and could see you through and through. I have posted one today. Pl do vist my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited ur blog... and like always, just didn't leave me smiling, also left me thinking...

    ReplyDelete